We are one of few UK providers delivering tailored and affordable child sexual exploitation awareness training for teachers and staff working in primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, colleges and community groups. We also deliver training on the risks of sexual exploitation of vulnerable adults to those working in universities or other higher education settings.
We can provide bespoke training for management, teachers and pastoral staff featuring safeguarding advice and guidance to help give you the tools to recognise and respond to those at risk of sexual exploitation.
Your safeguarding responsibility
All schools and higher education institutions have a statutory duty to protect children and vulnerable adults in their care. It is therefore essential that staff working with these groups receive appropriate training in recognising and responding to sexual exploitation.
Staff in schools and higher education institutions have close and regular contact with children and young people or vulnerable adults and can therefore play an important role in protecting them from sexual exploitation and abuse.
Our child protection training sessions for education providers can include:
- Raising awareness of local safeguarding toolkits and local authority procedures
- Guidance on identifying child sexual exploitation and related child protection concerns
- Advice and tools for educating children in different age and ability groups about the risks of online sexual exploitation, how to recognise unsafe online contact, healthy relationships, consent and abuse and power in relationships, and encouraging confidence to report any concerns about themselves or peers to staff
- Introduction to age and ability appropriate resources to use with young people, those with special educational needs and vulnerable adults
- Steps that schools can take to ensure a holistic approach to addressing sexual exploitation
- How to refer a child or vulnerable adult at risk to the relevant agencies
- Where to go for additional help and support
- Workshops for young people where this is delivered as part of a package included with training for staff teams
- Workshops and information sessions for parents and carers about child sexual exploitation with signposting to relevant services and agencies for further support if needed
- Consultancy services to help set up appropriate and effective internal policies and procedures related to child safeguarding
All education providers will receive certificates for individuals that have completed the training.
Why Safe and Sound?
We work closely with you to understand your learning requirements before producing fully tailored training sessions designed to meet the needs of your staff teams.
In our fourteen years working specifically with children and young people affected by sexual exploitation, we are one of very few UK not-for-profit organisations with a wealth of expertise in this field and are therefore well placed to meet your staff training needs in this area.
We also have six years’ experience in training professionals from different sectors all over the country in recognising and responding to child sexual exploitation and employ trainers with a wealth and breadth of knowledge and expertise on all issues relating to child sexual exploitation and safeguarding.
Who we train
We can train any number of staff within an education setting to include management staff, executive teams, teachers, pastoral care, SEN and safeguarding leads.
Our fee for our bespoke training for the education sector is determined by many factors such as numbers of staff to train, specific concerns highlighted, number of days training, geographical location etc. Therefore we advise filling out the form below with as much detail as possible and a member of our education training team will get back to you as soon as possible.