Working with Families Affected by Child sexual exploitation
This one day course is aimed at those working with parents/carers and families whose child is at risk of or affected by sexual exploitation (CSE).
Managers and frontline practitioners working with children, young people and/or families in the statutory, voluntary or private sector, with an intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of child sexual exploitation.
This training is particularly relevant for:
- Family/Parent Support or Intervention Workers
- Children’s Service Practitioners such as Children and Family Social Workers and Project Workers
- Psychologists, Counsellors and Mental Health Practitioners
- Fostering Organisations and Residential Children’s Homes
- Specialist CSE Support Workers and Operations Managers
- Headteachers and Safeguarding Managers in schools or other settings
- Police Officers and Youth Justice Workers
- Family Courts Advisers and Victim Liaison Workers
- Sexual Health Leads
Course outcomes and learning objectives:
- To consider the various ways that CSE can impact on the whole family
- To understand the complex nature of victim blaming – of both the child and the parents – and how to combat and challenge this
- To increase knowledge of how to support families to identify, prevent and understand CSE and how they can they support their child
- To increase knowledge of how to support parents when their child has disclosed
- To explore best practice example case studies of involving and working with the family
- To understand the criminal investigation process following disclosures of CSE and how parents can be involved and supported through their child’s court case
- To gain knowledge of up-to-date resources for parents to use with their children and signposting to specialist support organisations working with parents for further advice and guidance
Feedback for Working with Families Affected by Child Sexual Exploitation training:
“The training has provided me with ways to engage with parents/carers and families to help them understand what their child might be going through”
“The training has helped inform our practice and provided us with the tools and resources needed for supporting parents and families of young people where there are risks or indicators of CSE”
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO ATTENDING OUR TRAINING?
- All of our courses are CPD accredited
- All of our trainers are highly skilled and experienced
- All of our courses focus on deep learning, with practical/interactive learning backed up with academic theory and up-to-date research where relevant
- Our training attracts professionals from different sectors all over the country so provides a good environment for networking, group work and learning from the experience of others
- All our venues provide a good quality lunch and regular refreshments
- Certificates are provided to all delegates who have successfully completed the full course within 3 weeks of completion of training
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£99 + VAT – Early bird offer if booked more than 2 months prior to date of the course
£126 + VAT – Normal price
Who we’ve trained
Since 2009, we’ve trained thousands of professionals all over the country in the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. If you would like to find out more about who we’ve trained or to request testimonials, please email [email protected]
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this Working with Families Affected by CSE training course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.
To keep up to date with new courses please register for our newsletter here.
If no course dates are listed below, please register your interest.
We will only contact you to let you know when new dates are released and will not pass your details on to any third parties.