Deliver CSE awareness to KS2 & KS3
This one day course – Train the Teacher: Learn how to deliver your own child sexual exploitation (CSE) awareness sessions to children in KS2 and KS3 – will equip teachers, designated safeguarding leads and other practitioners working with young people, with ideas for resources to use, exercises and lesson plans.
This is an intermediate level training course so expects that delegates will already have some understanding of child sexual exploitation.
THIS TRAINING IS PARTICULARLY RELEVANT FOR:
- Schools staff: designated safeguarding leads, senior management/leadership teams, house leaders, child protection officers, mentors
- Local authority case practitioners
- Children and families social workers
- Family support workers
- Healthy lifestyle coordinators
- Safeguarding consultants
- Charity project workers
- Charity volunteers working with children and young people
- Those working in community projects with children and families
- All those working in an education/learning/safety related capacity with children and young teenagers
Course outcomes and learning objectives:
- Laying down the ground rules and management of a sensitive content session with children
- Breaking down myths and stereotypes about CSE with children
- Resources, session plans and designing exercises for KS2 children around CSE and related topics
- Resources, sessions plans and designing exercises for KS3 children around CSE and related topics
- Ensuring that sessions are adapted and accessible for KS2/3 children with learning disabilities
- Responding to issues in your sessions with children and responding to disclosures appropriately
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£99 + VAT – Early bird offer if booked more than 2 months prior to date of the course
£126 + VAT – Normal price
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Train the Teacher: Learn how to deliver your own child sexual exploitation (CSE) awareness sessions to children in KS2 and KS3, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.
To keep up to date with new courses please register for our newsletter here.
If no course dates are listed below, please register your interest.
We will only contact you to let you know when new dates are released and will not pass your details on to any third parties.