Digital Sexual Violence – Webcams, Online Grooming & Revenge Porn
This one day course explores the common forms of sexual violence and abuse across digital platforms such as webcam sex tourism, online grooming, sexual bullying and so-called ‘revenge porn’.
Content warning: graphic detail and discussions around pornography, grooming and webcam abuse.
Each topic is covered in depth to increase knowledge of prevalence, impact and skills in dealing with each issue. Each section finishes with tips and techniques for supporting children and young people at risk of and affected by the different types of online and digital abuse covered.
This is an advanced level CPD training course suitable only for those with prior knowledge of child sexual exploitation and abuse.
THIS TRAINING IS PARTICULARLY RELEVANT FOR:
- Specialist CSE Workers and CSE Prevention Coordinators
- Youth Project Workers
- Children and Family Social Workers and Parent Support Workers
- Children’s Home Support Workers and Residential Care Managers
- Community Support and Safety Teams
- Mental Health Practitioners, Therapists and Health Improvement Coordinators
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisers (ISVAs)
- Staff Development and Training Managers
Course outcomes and learning objectives
By the end of the course, you will have:
- A greater understanding of the issues around online pornography, abusive videos and imagery, sexting, webcam abuse, sexual bullying and harassment online, ‘revenge porn’ and an awareness of some of the slang terms and acronyms used by young people online
- An understanding of the laws surrounding the above issues and a greater awareness of online safety measures and protective factors that can be adopted by professionals and parents
- Techniques for discussing difficult topics with parents and young people and the confidence to do this
- An awareness of emerging digital technologies and how to safeguard young people
- Ways to help prevent young people from becoming victims or perpetrators of digital sexual violence
- Guidance for supporting young people following digital sexual violence and abuse online
- Best practice guidance for responding if you suspect a young person is being abused online
Feedback for Digital Sexual Violence Training
“The training has helped us to reexamine our understanding of sexting” – Assistant Director of a CSE Project
“The course was useful in providing us with advice to pass on to parents about how they can protect their children online such as talking to them about webcam safety” – Parent Support Worker for an Addiction Service
“The training was great. I will no longer be afraid to talk to young people about porn and sexting and am more aware of the slang words that are being used” – CSE Support Worker
What are the benefits to attending our training?
- All of our courses are CPD accredited
- All of our trainers are highly skilled and experienced
- All of our courses focus on deep learning, with practical/interactive learning backed up with academic theory and up-to-date research where relevant
- Our training attracts professionals from different sectors all over the country so provides a good environment for networking, group work and learning from the experience of others
- All our venues provide a good quality lunch and regular refreshments
- Certificates are provided to all delegates who have successfully completed the full course within 3 weeks of completion of training
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£99 + VAT – Early bird offer if booked more than 2 months prior to date of the course
£126 + VAT – Normal price
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
Since 2009, we’ve trained thousands of professionals all over the country in the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. If you would like to find out more about who we’ve trained or to request testimonials, please email [email protected]
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Exploring and Responding to Digital Sexual Violence, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.
To keep up to date with new courses please register for our newsletter here.
If no course dates are listed below, please register your interest.
We will only contact you to let you know when new dates are released and will not pass your details on to any third parties.