WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO DO MORE
- We need to help more vulnerable young people at risk;
- We need more experts on the ground to support them;
- We need to provide more services, including specialist therapists for children and their families
Every penny counts: Here is how the money you raise can help:
- £10 will fund an outreach worker to buy a vulnerable young person a hot meal and a drink
- £25 funds information resources for children and their families
- £200 funds a one to one session for a young person with a youth worker
- £500 would fund a therapist to work with a traumatised child to guide and support them back to a place of safety and dignity
ONE IN 20 CHILDREN…
experience sexual abuse including sexual exploitation.
That means that in every classroom in Derbyshire there is at least one vulnerable young person in need of help.
The Butterfly Appeal marks the start of Safe & Sound’s new vision to expand and develop our services across Derbyshire, to help many more young people in desperate need of our support.
Safe and Sound is the only charity working on the ground in neighbourhoods across Derbyshire. We have been leading the way since 2002 and have supported thousands of victims, including those from landmark cases like Operation Retriever.
We currently support around 100 children every year but this isn’t enough. There are many more young people in need of our help that we can’t yet support. We need to do so much more to help them. They are waking up every day feeling petrified that they will be forced to take part in a sexual act they don’t want to, they feel worthless, ashamed and alone.
With your help, we can get more specialist staff on the ground to reach more children, run an outreach team late at night when and where children are most at risk and help them on their difficult journeys back to self-respect through specialist PTSD therapies.
“Tranformation isn’t a butterfly… its huddling in a dark cocoon and then pushing your way out,….the messy work of making sense of doubts, hang-ups and worrys…..so you can go on and become the person you must next become.” Chery Strayed
BE A CHANGE MAKER
Help us to change young lives so they have the chance of a better future. Sign up to register your interest or enter one of these events to help raise funds for us.
You can support Safe & Sound by joining us for our forthcoming events:
OCTOBER “Resilience Relay” 12-hour Non-Stop Cycle Ride, Derby Arena
Please register your interest today by completing the form below:
INFORMATION LINE: 01332 362120