SAFE AND SOUND PROVIDES:
- Specialist one-to-one support for children and young people under 18 in Derby and Derbyshire identified as being, or at risk of being, exploited.
- Awareness raising work with young people and parents/carers in schools, online and in community settings.
- Multi-agency support in partnership with statutory and voluntary bodies such as the police and social services to support young people and bring justice to perpetrators.
- Nationwide training solutions and consultancy for anyone working with children, young people and families.
- Opportunities for young people in our service that have experienced exploitation to take part in rewarding activities that help build confidence and self-esteem.
- Youth diversionary activities working with other partners and providers.
- Transition work with children and young people to help them move on with their lives.
- Support of children and young people to take part in research and participation work to influence improvement and change nationally.
- Knowledge and expertise to inform local and national policy to tackle child exploitation.
Please find out more about how to get support for a young person at risk of sexual exploitation and to make a referral.