Working with Children Affected by Sexual Abuse Training
This one day advanced training session is built around roleplay and interactive discussion to increase the skills of practitioners working with children affected by sexual abuse (CSA). Suited to professionals with a good existing knowledge of theory and policy in child sexual abuse, this course moves towards practical skills built upon counselling with children, as well as listening and questioning skills to use with children and young people who have experienced sexual abuse.
This core skills workshop will cover broad skills such as responding to the first disclosure of child abuse, responding to emotions in a support session and talking about difficult topics. It will also cover more specific, common scenarios in child victim support including how to talk to children about their abuse, how to respond to common emotional responses children have to their abuse and how to provide strategies, techniques and tools for children to cope with their thoughts and feelings following abuse.
Suitable for: Practitioners who work directly with children who have been sexually abused over a period of time.
We currently run our Working with Children Affected by Sexual Abuse training in London and Birmingham.
We can also offer this workshop as a cost effective in-house training course for your staff, tailored to your training needs. Please get in touch if you have more than 6 staff you are looking to train.
Working with Children Affected by Sexual Abuse training workshop learning objectives:
- To improve skills used in supporting children affected by child sexual abuse
- To practice support skills with other professionals
- To explore how to respond to difficult questions and topics relating to child sexual abuse
- To increase knowledge of skills, strategies and techniques that can be taught to children who have experienced child sexual abuse
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members. Not to be used together or in conjunction with our 3 for 2 offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Working with children affected by CSA, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.