Understanding & Responding to the Sexualisation of Children
This course is a critical look at the process of sexualisation of children from birth to eighteen years old and the impact this is having on girls and boys in the modern world. The day explores examples, theories, explanations and impact of hyper-sexualisation of children and finishes by discussing how professionals can apply their new knowledge to their own work with children and young people.
This is an advanced level CPD training course suitable only for those with a prior knowledge and understanding of child sexual exploitation and abuse.
Course outcomes and learning objectives
- To understand the cultural, political and social definitions and underpinning factors of sexualisation
- To increase knowledge of how children at each developmental stage are sexualised through cultural, interpersonal and internal contributions
- To explore theories and explanations for why children are being sexualised
- To understand the impact of sexualisation of children
- To discuss how professionals can use this knowledge to help children to be critical consumers
- To discuss how professionals can apply knowledge of sexualisation to their own child protection work
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members. Not to be used together or in conjunction with our 3 for 2 offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
Who we’ve trained
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Understanding and Responding to the Sexualisation of Children, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.