Deliver CSE awareness to KS2 & KS3
This one day course – Train the Teacher: Learn how to deliver your own child sexual exploitation (CSE) awareness sessions to children in KS2 and KS3 – will equip teachers, designated safeguarding leads and other practitioners working with young people, with ideas for resources to use, exercises and lesson plans.
This is an intermediate level training course so expects that delegates will already have some understanding of child sexual exploitation.
This course will be piloted once this year in Birmingham before potentially being rolled out nationally, therefore places will be limited and available on a first come first served basis.
Course outcomes and learning objectives:
- Laying down the ground rules and management of a sensitive content session with children
- Breaking down myths and stereotypes about CSE with children
- Resources, session plans and designing exercises for KS2 children around CSE and related topics
- Resources, sessions plans and designing exercises for KS3 children around CSE and related topics
- Ensuring that sessions are adapted and accessible for KS2/3 children with learning disabilities
- Responding to issues in your sessions with children and responding to disclosures appropriately
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members. Not to be used together or in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
Who we’ve trained
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Train the Teacher: Learn how to deliver your own child sexual exploitation (CSE) awareness sessions to children in KS2 and KS3, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.