Psychology of Perpetrators
The one day advanced CPD course consists of active discussion and teaching which will cover theories of sexual offending in males and females, grooming approaches and also explore the online and offline environment.
Contemporary writers and academics working in the field of sexual offending argue that until we are ready to acknowledge and immerse ourselves into the psychology and experiences of child sex offenders, we will never be able to address this global issue affecting millions of children.
Informed by expert research, this course will start with an introduction to the perceptions of and assumptions made about sex offenders and then move on to real experiences and accounts from convicted child sex offenders who talk about their grooming techniques, control methods and pathways to becoming an offender.
This course uses real accounts by sex offenders to reframe this knowledge for practitioners working with children so that this new learning can be used to inform and influence the way they work with children at risk of or experiencing child sexual abuse.
This course requires all delegates to have a good prior understanding of child sexual abuse.
Course outcomes and learning objectives
- To explore and deconstruct societal perceptions and myths about child sex offenders
- To gain knowledge of the models and theories of sexual offending in males and females
- To understand the motivations and grooming experiences of child sex offenders
- To explore the differences and similarities in sexual offending in the online and offline environment
- To consider how to apply the new knowledge about child sex offenders to active work with child victims
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members. Not to be used together or in conjunction with our 3 for 2 offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Psychology of Perpetrators, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.