Introduction to child sexual exploitation
This one-day training course provides a comprehensive introduction to recognising and responding to child sexual exploitation (CSE).
Suitable for: Practitioners who need a basic overview of child sexual exploitation (CSE; how to spot to the signs and respond effectively. Please be aware, some of the videos we show may be distressing, particularly for those that don’t work in a safeguarding capacity on a daily basis.
Introduction to child sexual exploitation – outcomes and learning objectives:
- To understand the newly updated definition of child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- To be aware of the prevalence of child sexual exploitation (CSE) looking at some recent statistics
- To understand the common stereotypes and assumptions made about the victims and perpetrators of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and how to overcome them
- To look at some of the vulnerabilities linked to child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- To understand the issues surrounding young people and their understanding of sexual consent
- To be aware of various grooming methods used by perpetrators of child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- To have a better awareness of how child sexual exploitation and abuse can occur online
- To look at some key findings related to black and ethnic minority (BME) victims of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and children with learning disabilities
- To gain an understanding of the link between going missing and child sexual exploitation (CSE)
- To look at some common indicators of child sexual exploitation (CSE) along with best practice guidance when using common indicator toolkits and local procedures
- Best practice in sharing information relating to child sexual exploitation (CSE) between agencies
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members. Not to be used together or in conjunction with our 3 for 2 offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: A Comprehensive Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.