Modern Slavery and Child Exploitation: Here & Around the World
The Modern Slavery and Child Exploitation: Here and Around the World intermediate CPD course provides a global view of all forms of modern slavery and exploitation of children whilst showing the relationship with the UK context.
All practitioners working with children, young people and families with some prior understanding of child sexual exploitation (CSE).
The Modern Slavery and Child Exploitation: Here and Around the World course provides a global view of all forms of modern slavery and exploitation of children whilst showing the relationship with the UK context. An interactive session shows films of victims of modern slavery giving their accounts and thoughts. The training will also include an introduction to the National Referral Mechanism (NRM), the framework for identifying victims of human trafficking, and how to use it in suspected cases with particular reference to child victims and those trafficked for sexual exploitation.
The course is suitable for those working in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
Course outcomes and learning objectives:
- What modern slavery and child exploitation is
- Domestic internal trafficking
- Some of the myths and misunderstandings of trafficking and smuggling
- The signs that suggest a person may be a victim of modern slavery
- The rights of suspected victims of trafficking
- What action should be taken if you suspect a child is a victim of modern slavery
- How to support a young person affected by modern slavery
- The National Referral Mechanism (NRM): a critique and how to use it
- Best practice with children and young people
“Love JustWhistle training, always educational, informative and empowering. I will ensure I discuss trafficking more in supervision when talking about CSE”
“The best and most informative training day I have attended in years. I’m now more aware of the NRM referral process and what to do if I suspect human trafficking”
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members, not to be used together or in conjunction with our 3 for 2 offer.
Buy two places get one free
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
Who we’ve trained
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this Modern Slavery and Child Sexual Exploitation training course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.