Free CSE Awareness Training – Morning
For National Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Awareness Day 2017, we are running free CPD certified half day training for anyone working or volunteering with children and young people in faith settings, sports, community and after school youth groups.
The exclusive FREE half-day training sessions will take place on Friday 17 March (the day before National CSE Awareness Day) and will help delegates to better recognise, respond and report suspected child sexual exploitation in settings where they may be given basic safeguarding training but not specific training around child sexual exploitation.
Any child could be a victim of child sexual exploitation regardless of their background, upbringing, race, ethnicity, sexuality or gender. This is why we feel it is important for all those who are regularly in contact with children and young people to be aware of the signs and how to respond to effectively protect them.
- To understand the basics of CSE – what it is and how it occurs
- To understand the myths and stereotypes relating to victims and perpetrators
- To understand some of the ways perpetrators groom and exploit
- How to identify risk indicators and vulnerabilities in children and young people – spotting the signs
- To increase knowledge about safeguarding CSE and how to implement best practice
- How and where to report your concerns
Who is the training suitable for?
The training is at an introductory level so only suitable for those with little or no prior awareness of national policy or procedures relating to best practice in responding to child sexual exploitation. Priority will be given to those working in a non-paid capacity in the settings below but we may accept those working in a paid capacity for the charity or not-for-profit sectors depending on numbers and availability.
This training is specifically for those working/volunteering at/in:
- Faith settings
- Sports clubs
- After school groups
- Community groups
- Youth clubs
- Clubs such as Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts, Beavers
- Activity centres and outward bound centres for young people
- Dance, Music or Drama clubs
The training is NOT for:
- Students of any level including student social workers
- Local authority staff eg social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children board professionals, missing person’s teams or youth offending services
- School or higher education staff including school nurses, PSHE staff or designated safeguarding leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs, sexual health advisers, mental health teams and anyone working for the NHS
- Police, probation, youth offending services or anyone working in criminal justice in a paid capacity
- Residential children’s homes managers or workers
- Fostering providers or fosterers generally
- Private counsellors, psychiatrists, psychotherapists or other mental health workers
Registration for AM session: 9.00am
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 12.30pm
Please click here if you would like to book on the afternoon session instead.
Lunch will not be included, but we will provide tea, coffee and biscuits.
You will be provided with a CPD certificate following your training.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.
Booking and T&Cs
1) Please follow the links below to book on either the morning or afternoon session. Both sessions have identical content so it is only necessary to book on one.
2) Your booking will only be confirmed if you fit the criteria outlined above. If you do not fit the criteria, we reserve the right to cancel your booking. As a charity, we are only able to offer this free training to those highlighted above. If you wish to attend more advanced training around CSE or CSA, please have a look at our other courses.
3) This course is FREE so please just write N/A in each of the boxes under the requests for invoicing details on the form in order to submit it.