Digital Sexual Violence – Webcams, Online Grooming & Revenge Porn
This one day course encourages the exploration of common forms of digital sexual violence such as webcam sex tourism, online grooming, sexual bullying and so-called ‘revenge porn’.
Content warning: graphic detail and discussions around pornography, grooming and webcam abuse.
This is an advanced level CPD training course suitable only for those with prior knowledge of child sexual exploitation and abuse.
Each topic is covered in depth to increase knowledge of prevalence, impact and skills in dealing with each issue. Each section finishes with tips and techniques for supporting children and young people at risk of and affected by the different types of online and digital abuse covered.
Course outcomes and learning objectives
- To discuss your own anonymous examples of digital sexual violence perpetrated against young people, with professionals from other areas and sectors
- To look at the issues presented by online pornography and the abusive use of videos and imagery online
- Exploring examples of sexting and explicit chat; looking at emerging digital technologies, porn culture and the law around sexting
- To understand what webcam ‘sex’ tourism is and why it occurs and then to discuss case studies, media reports and the perpetrators of webcam sex tourism as well as how to educate children and young people about webcam abuse
- To explore the prevalence of sexual bullying, trolling and sexual harassment and some problems with common responses to these issues
- To consider the ways we can educate young people about porn, the creation and sharing of explicit videos and imagery, sexual bullying and harassment
- To discuss techniques and tips to prevent young people from becoming victims and perpetrators of digital sexual violence, using example scenarios and case studies along with advice for supporting young people following digital sexual violence and abuse
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£126 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members. Cannot be used together or in conjunction with the 3 for 2 offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the 3rd place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
Who we’ve trained
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this course: Exploring and Responding to Digital Sexual Violence, or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.