Engaging Young People At Risk of CSE
This advanced CPD course explores different models of working with children and young people at risk of or affected by sexual exploitation as well as the barriers to effective engagement and how to overcome them using practical tools and resources.
This course explores different ways of working with children and young people at risk of or affected by sexual exploitation as well as the barriers to effective engagement and how to overcome them using practical tools and resources.
This updated version of the course includes the honest voices of our own Young Person’s Participation Group, who spent time considering and advising what kind of support they want from professionals and how you can engage them.
Practitioners working with children, young people and families with a good prior knowledge of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and experience working in this field.
THIS TRAINING IS PARTICULARLY RELEVANT FOR:
- Children and Family Social Workers
- Youth or Family Project Support Workers and Outreach Teams
- Specialist Child Sexual Exploitation and Child Sexual Abuse Practitioners
- Children’s Home and Residential Care Home Managers and Care/Support Staff
- Safeguarding, Behaviour Inclusion and Learning Support staff
- Fostering Services and Placement Managers
- Psychologists, Counsellors and Health and Wellbeing Officers
- Independent Sexual Violence Advisers (ISVAs) and Young People’s Advocates
- Missing Children’s Teams
- Learning and Development Managers
- Substance Misuse and Addiction Service Workers
- Youth Offending Service (YOS) Workers and PCSOs
Course outcomes and learning objectives
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Looked at barriers to effective engagement when working with young people affected by CSE and how to overcome them
- An understanding of trauma and the way it affects young people’s behaviours and coping mechanisms
- A greater understanding of the process and difficulties around disclosure
- Knowledge of working models to engage young people following abuse
- Been involved in critiquing the current CSE assessment tools
- Knowledge of a range of practical tools and resources to use with children and young people in interactive sessions
- An understanding of CSE from a young person’s perspective and how young people we have worked with would like to see practice and engagement improved
“The course has taught me to think more carefully about what constitutes CSE and is a reminder not to judge or stereotype” – Care Worker at a Children’s Home
“The training has taught me about models I didn’t previously know of as well as reactions to trauma. I have a better understanding of the coping skills used by victims and how to help build resilience. The training has provided me with useful tools and resources to use with young people.” – Local Authority Sexual Exploitation Practitioner
What are the benefits to attending our training?
- All of our courses are CPD accredited
- All of our trainers are highly skilled and experienced
- All of our courses focus on deep learning, with practical/interactive learning backed up with academic theory and up-to-date research where relevant
- Our training attracts professionals from different sectors all over the country so provides a good environment for networking, group work and learning from the experience of others
- All our venues provide a good quality lunch and regular refreshments
- Certificates are provided to all delegates who have successfully completed the full course within 3 weeks of completion of training
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£99 + VAT – Early bird offer if booked more than 2 months prior to date of the course
£126 + VAT – Normal price
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
Since 2009, we’ve trained thousands of professionals all over the country in the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. If you would like to find out more about who we’ve trained or to request testimonials, please email email@example.com
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this Engaging Young People Affected by CSE training course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.