Child sexual exploitation – Train The Trainer
This practical one day training course will enable delegates to deliver basic Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) awareness training to others in their organisation.
Managers and frontline practitioners responsible for safeguarding training and staff learning & skills development within both statutory and not-for-profit organisations.
You must already have some prior knowledge of child sexual exploitation.
Please note that this course is aimed at those looking to disseminate their knowledge and learning within their own organisations/teams and is not suitable for independent training consultants or those selling training to external organisations.
THIS TRAINING IS PARTICULARLY RELEVANT FOR:
- Training & Workforce Development, Quality & Practice Improvement and Compliance Managers
- Children’s Home/Residential Care Managers
- Specialist CSE Practitioners
- Children’s Social Workers, Service Managers, Child Protection Co-ordinators and Safeguarding Leads
- Community Safety Managers
- Headteachers and Designated Safeguarding Officers/Leads in schools
- Mental Health Practitioners and Managers
- Health Improvement Specialists, Child Protection Trainers and Safeguarding Doctors/Nurses in NHS
- Heads of Prison and Probation services
- Those from services with other remits besides CSE eg Domestic Violence Services that need to have an internal understanding of how to recognise and respond to CSE
Course outcomes and learning objectives for CSE: Train the Trainer
By the end of the course, you will have:
- Gained the skills, knowledge and materials to deliver a basic CSE training course to your staff
- Expanded your knowledge around current debates and best practice guidance in the field of CSE
- Increased knowledge of how to use interactive exercises to engage your team during training
- Increased confidence to deliver CSE training
- Knowledge of up-to-date CSE resources, exercises and materials, and techniques for using them with your team
- Designed your own CSE training exercise
- Learned how to respond to questions, issues and opportunities whilst delivering training
- An increased knowledge of managing feedback and evaluating your training to better understand the impact
- Ideas for further developing your in-house training
- Prepared and presented in a microteach session on CSE and received feedback on your teaching style
- Shared ideas, skills, knowledge and expertise with other delegates working across different sectors
All delegates will:
- Receive CPD certification
- Receive their own set of training materials including resource lists and digital slides
- Receive a copy of Safe and Sound’s CSE resource, Cruel Kindness featuring a short film and activity pack for working with children and young people at risk of or affected by CSE – worth over £80.00!
- Be eligible to book on our exclusive advanced CSE: Train the Trainer course only for those who have completed the first.
Feedback for CSE Train the Trainer course
“Thank you for today, I now feel knowledgeable enough to deliver CSE training with confidence to others within my organisation.”
“Very high standard of knowledge from the trainer. I will definitely be using some of the resources from today to train our staff.”
What are the benefits to attending our training?
- All of our courses are CPD accredited
- All of our trainers are highly skilled and experienced
- All of our courses focus on deep learning, with practical/interactive learning backed up with academic theory and up-to-date research where relevant
- Our training attracts professionals from different sectors all over the country so provides a good environment for networking, group work and learning from the experience of others
- All our venues provide a good quality lunch and regular refreshments
- Certificates are provided to all delegates who have successfully completed the full course within 3 weeks of completion of training
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£129 + VAT – Early bird offer if booked more than 2 months prior to date of the course
£170 + VAT – Normal price
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
Since 2009, we’ve trained thousands of professionals all over the country in the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. If you would like to find out more about who we’ve trained or to request testimonials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
On completion of the course delegates will receive a CPD certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this Child Sexual Exploitation: Train the Trainer course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.