Child sexual exploitation – Train The Trainer
This practical one day training course will enable delegates to deliver basic Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) awareness training to others in their organisation.
Managers and frontline practitioners responsible for child protection and child safeguarding training and staff learning & skills development within both statutory and not-for-profit organisations.
The Child Sexual Exploitation: Train the Trainer course will begin by teaching delegates about managing a CSE training session and group dynamics.
The day then moves on to take delegates through a pre-prepared CSE training package that they will go on to deliver. The day includes guidance from experienced specialist CSE trainers to help you to manage different learners and to respond to common issues when delivering CSE training.
Additionally, this course will give delegates the opportunity to design their own exercise and receive feedback on their presentation style in a micro-teach session on CSE.
All delegates will:
- Receive CPD certification
- Receive their own set of training materials including resource lists and digital slides
- Receive a copy of Safe and Sound’s CSE resource, Cruel Kindness featuring a short film and activity pack for working with children and young people at risk of or affected by CSE – worth over £80.00!
- Be eligible to book on our exclusive advanced CSE: Train the Trainer course only for those who have completed the first.
Please note that this course is aimed at those looking to disseminate their knowledge and learning within their own organisations/teams and is not suitable for independent training consultants or those selling training to external organisations.
Course outcomes and learning objectives for Child Sexual Exploitation: Train the Trainer
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- An understanding of group dynamics and the management of a CSE training session
- Gained the skills, knowledge and materials to deliver a basic CSE training course to staff
- Gained the confidence to discuss the current debates in the field
- Designed your own CSE training exercise
- Learn how to respond to issues and opportunities whilst delivering training
- An increased knowledge of evaluation and continual development of training courses
- Prepared and presented in a microteach session on CSE
Feedback for CSE Train the Trainer course
“Thank you for today, I now feel knowledgeable enough to deliver CSE training with confidence to others within my organisation.”
“Very high standard of knowledge from the trainer. I will definitely be using some of the resources from today to train our staff.”
Training start time: 9.30am
Training finish time: 4.30pm (approximately – this may differ slightly on the day)
Lunch and refreshments are included.
We use a mixture of slide presentation, video resources, case studies and small group work in each of our training sessions.
£170 + VAT
5% discount for registered charities and NWG members, not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
BUY TWO PLACES GET ONE FREE
Buy 2 places on any of our training courses and get the third place free. Just tick ‘3 for 2′ under the Promotional Offer box on the booking form. All three places must be booked on the same course. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer advertised on the website.
WHO WE’VE TRAINED
- Social care – social workers, youth workers, children and family services, local safeguarding children boards, missing person’s teams, youth offending services
- Education professionals – including school nurses, PSHE or Safeguarding Leads
- Healthcare professionals – including GPs and sexual health advisers
- Police, probation and youth offending services
- Residential children’s homes and fostering
- Voluntary and community sector practitioners
- Organisations working in safeguarding, child protection, youth mental health, homelessness, addiction, counselling, victim support, rape and sexual abuse services
On completion of the course delegates will receive a CPD certificate and a Justwhistle electronic badge that can be displayed on their emails.
Information about the training including directions to the venue and parking will be sent after booking.
All of our training venues are booked with delegate accessibility in mind but if you have any specific requirements, please let us know.
If you would like more information about this Child Sexual Exploitation: Train the Trainer course or would like to discuss how this course can be tailored to your needs including your local safeguarding board’s CSE toolkit and referral process, please contact us by calling 01332 362 120 or emailing us.